Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

I know it seems a little early to be going to a pumpkin patch but everyone else was going so we followed the crowd. We had plenty of fun with the petting farm, playground, rubber duck races, and of course picking out our pumpkins. Well actually everything was fun but picking out our pumpkins. They take you on a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch aka giant weed field. The weeds were big and poky. Not fun and I made the mistake of wearing a skirt that day. I had very scratched up legs. Other than that, it was a huge success plus it was free! We will be making a return trip closer to Halloween.


Wesley, Clara and Kaitlynn.


Cute baby goat.


This was a cute baby cow until my camera gave him scary glowing eye.


The way out of the barn (for little kids) is down a slide.








Giant tricycle race way. Jack couldn't get enough of it, even though he was way too small. Kaitlynn was a speed demon on these things so much so I couldn't get a decent picture of her.


Cheering the racers on!


Wagon ride out to the poky pumpkin patch. Clara and Kaitlynn.


It was a breezy day. Clara, Kaitlynn, Jack and either Danny, Darin, or Dallin I can't remember which name goes with which boy.


Finding just the right one.


This moldy green one was what he wanted most. Can't reason with a two year old.


Off to find hers


This was a better choice than her brothers.


Watch out mom is taking a picture.


Cheese!


The rule was, if you can carry it you can get it. I should have clarified if you can carry it the whole time!


Ride 'em Cow Girl.


Her lasso got in a bit of a tangle.


Who needs friends.


Thankfully she hasn't found her prince charming yet.


Rubber duck races. Clara, Hayden, Nate (he is going to be fixing my tooth this friday), Kaitlynn and Wesley.

Swing and spinning.


It was kind of a breezy sort of day well actually it was very windy, but the temperature was perfect. I love Olivia's reaction to the wind.

1 comment:

Ann Bartholomew said...

Loved the pictures of the pumpkin patch. You guys are always having adventures. If I come to visit--will you take me on an adventure? Papa says my birthday present is to come to see my kids--I just have to decide when. Let me know when its the best time for an adventure!
Love, Nanny