Thursday, October 28, 2010

Carving pumpkins

For family night this week we carved pumpkins. Oh what fun. Ryan really gets into carving. This is a family tradition that will stick. Since we can't really let the kids play with knives we had them frosting sugar cookies. In end I threw out all the cookies and frosting. The kids are pretty sick with snotty noses and I saw a lot of double dipping. Even though we didn't get to enjoy the cookies later it was the best distraction/activity to make them feel involved with the night. Another perfect moment in the Bartholomew home.




Kaitlynn wanted a princess pumpkin.


Because she is such a beautiful princess!


Everyone working hard.








Yes I let her sample a cookie.


I quickly took the cookie out... after I snapped a picture of this chipmunk face!


He wasn't very good at spreading the frosting around. He was very good at sucking it off the cookie though.


Sampling the goods.


Our spooky pumpkins.


Our spooky kids. Olivia didn't get to see the finished products, seven thirty is just too late for her.


Cheese!


2 comments:

Ann Bartholomew said...

Those are great pumpkins! Wish I could have sampled a cookie? Maybe not. But glad the kids had fun.
Love, Nanny

Ann Bartholomew said...

Hey I love the new beginning picture on your blog--I'm so happy that Olivia loves cookies as much as I do!
Love, Nanny