Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fancy Nancy

Kaitlynn and I checked out a Fancy Nancy book from the library a couple of weeks ago. Ever since then we have kind of been on a Fancy Nancy kick. I think the books are adorable, and Kaitlynn likes all the good advice they provide, like adding glitter to your nail polish for shiny toes. We had a Fancy Nancy day a little while ago. Too much fun! I like having girls around. There is no way Ryan or Jack would play with me like my girls do! I let Kaitlynn play with scraps of material (is there anything better in the world?) while I made her a quick "Fancy Nancy" skirt. She felt that the bacement needed some sprucing up. I couldn't agree more. She was busy all afternoon decorating and making everything sooo pretty with my scraps. She was quite serious about the whole things. That night after dinner we made special Fancy Nancy fruit parfaits just like in her books. The whole day was spectacular (thats fancy for beautiful in a dramatic and eye-catching way).

I also gave her a haircut. It ended up a little on the short side but I kept making mistakes. Overall it looks ok. There are some missed hairs I still need to attend to though. Good thing she is beautiful and can pull off a mediocre haircut.

Busy decorating.

Making everything perfect.

The Fancy Nancy skirt.

She was so happy to twirl.

I never could get a decent picture of her.





I love his face. I think the berries were a little tart for his liking.




4 comments:

Olsen Family said...

It's all too cute, I love having girls also. You did a great job on the haircut. Fabulous!

Kirsta Silvey said...

The hair looks great! Sign me up for one the next time you're in town. Kate also likes to be fancy, but all she needs to feel dressed up are some colorful beads around her neck and Toy Sory underpants on her head. Easy to please.

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

What a great day!! You certainly get the best mom award. I hope that when I have kids I can be as creative and hands on as you are.

Steve and Stace said...

That is too cute! I love getting those on a whim ideas from something and making a day of it! I love the Fancy Nancy books too. I miss you!