Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

We finally got snow! Wahoo! We have had a lot of fun playing in it. So has everyone else. School was cancelled. Actually today was the third snow day in a row. Not that it has been snowing for three days, it is just ridiculously cold. I think the high today was 8 degrees. I know that wouldn't mean much back in Utah but the humidity doesn't help matters at all. Everything is ice. The first day of snow everyone was out playing in it, but I only saw a small handful, mostly ten year old boys willing to brave the cold. We have been staying warm with our hot chocolate
inside.


This is how Olivia looked before we went out in the snow.

After. She is not a fan.

Ha! That is my offspring right there!

Russel kept Olivia company while I took pictures.

I think there is a Jack in there. His hands look like snow balls.

She is beautiful.

This was the best I could get of the three of them. Kaitlynn didn't want to hold still and Olivia didn't want to be outside. Still they are pretty cute in all of their snow stuff. I can't decide who is the cutest. Kaitlynn with her hat on all goofy. You can barely see Jack under everything. Or Olivia in Claire's old snowsuit.

Running and sliding. Between the snow and the padding from her snow suit, I don't think she felt a thing.

This is them trying walk up the big hill.

He had just got hit with a snow ball. There are a lot of snow games Jack doesn't like.

Yes she is wearing a sock on her hand. Our gloves from earlier that day were too wet. Don't judge me.
These two went flying down the hill. I really was nervous for them. I am not usually a nervous mother (at least I don't think so) but the hill was really big and the end of the trail kind of ended in the back of someone's house. They were good about bailing out last minute though. No injuries thank goodness. Jack went down with them once. They hit a bump and all flew out. He didn't like it at all. He told me he didn't want to sled anymore, which was more than fine with me.
Then back up the hill for another round. They would have done it for another hour if I had let them. Unfortunately I didn't have the same stamina as them and called it quits early.

Watching the sledders.
Losing his grip. She was completely helpless in that snowsuit.


1 comment:

Elena said...

How fun! You got some great pictures. I'm sure you got a workout dressing and undressing everyone in their snow gear!