Sunday, June 13, 2010

a little story and a lot of pictures

I dedicate this story to my father-in-law, the only one who can really empathize with me. So I made a little mistake. I let my drivers license expire by ten months. Yeah oops! If I had noticed this little mess up in Utah I would have had to take the written test, a bummer yes, but not as bad as what I had to do out here. I had to take the written test, the signs test, and the driving test! I was so paranoid about the written test so I spent a couple of days learning Missouri driving laws. I wasn't too worried about the actual driving test. I guess I should have been, because while I passed the written test with flying colors I FAILED the driving test! That's right folks, I failed the driving test. In my defense the lady was super mean. And since I failed she told me I couldn't drive until I came in to take the test again, I said ok and went out and got in my car and drove away! I wasn't really planning on failing so I didn't have anyone drive me out there, so I didn't have anyone to drive me back home! I did go back again and passed with a 100%, not one mistake!

Now on to this weeks pictures.


Ryan's first day of school! Doesn't he look all grown up?

Jack came up stairs to tell me Kaitlynn was stuck. I went downstairs to find her wedge between the cuddle bag and the couch. She really was stuck it was kind of hard to get her out of there.

Getting ready for the rain.

But it is more fun to use the umbrella as a gun

She is holding a firefly. I guess they come out in the daytime too.

This is a pretty cool park we went to.

Cute boy!

He was in heaven with these toy trucks and busses.

Some squirrels really lived in this knothole! Just like out of a movie! They were gathering food and running up to this hole! Missouri is so cool!

Tinkerbell at the park.



Olivia's very first ponytail! Ryan can't stand it, he says she looks like a unicorn with a mullet.

Outside working on a project.

Jacks attention span only allowed him to paint for a bit before he was distracted by this stick. I am not sure I will ever fully understand the connection between a little boy and a stick.

Kaitlynn on the other hand worked on her rocket for a very long time.

The finished product.

Playing at a splash pad trying to cool off a bit.



See I told you it is hot here! So hot that the car can't figure out what temperature it is, so it guessed 136 F. Seemed right to us.

Sheridan's is a great ice cream place to try and beat the heat too.



New outfits from Nanny. Notice that Kaitlynn dressed herself, everything is on backwards.

Jack going in for the kiss. Olivia bracing for the impact.

You can't tell because of the flash of the camera but it was raining really hard, even the kids were impressed. Even the thunder seems louder out here. The rain does little to actually cool things off though.

1 comment:

Kirsta Silvey said...

Baha! Unicorn with a mullet. That brings me so much joy. Also, I miss your face.