Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Potty Training

Almost two weeks ago Jack put his pee pee in the potty. We were very proud of him but I honestly didn't want to start potty training just yet. Call me lazy or realistic but potty training with a young baby around can be a little tricky. I didn't want to start until I knew I was ready. A few days after sharing such exciting news to Nanny, a package arrived in the mail. Any guesses as to what was in the box? Thats right, big boy underwear! He and Kaitlynn were so excited. Okay so I guess it was time to start, even if I really really really didn't want to. We started on Monday, and by Tuesday I had given up! I knew I didn't have energy for this project, bleh! I stuck diapers on the boy and we went back to real life again. Kaitlynn however was not done, every time she went to the bathroom she asked him if he wanted to go potty and he did! It was amazing, I stopped training him and he kept on learning from his big sister. By Friday he went all day in underwear and didn't have an accident! We have had a few minor accidents (he couldn't get there in time) since then but nothing to bad. So if you want to know the secret to potty training here it is, have Nanny buy you the coolest big boy underwear and have Kaitlynn do the rest! Wow I have hardly done a thing for this boy and he has got it down pretty well.

One problem we have run into though is potty words. It wouldn't be that big of a deal but Kaitynn has made it into a big deal. She tells on Jack if he uses a potty word, but we
have all been using potty words lately. So to try and help the problem out a bit I told Jack that he can only use potty words when he is in the bathroom. He stood there for about a second before his eyes lit up and ran into the bathroom and yelled POOP as loud as he could. Sigh, what can I do he didn't actually break any rules.

Modeling his cool underwear.


"no get Nemo wet"


Using his very own potty


Going potty together. I owe all of his success to this girl.


Hanging out in their unders. Don't you just hate pants?

Just before I finished writing this, Jack came upstairs to tell me he pooped on Elmo (the current pair of underwear he is wearing), I guess we still have a little more work to do.

No comments: