Monday, June 28, 2010

Sick

We are a bit sick here. So while the kids don't feel like doing anything I thought I would take time to tell you what we have been doing when they to do feel like doing stuff. This picture was taken a a few days ago. She is doing much better now and is happily playing outside while the other two are on their sick beds. Being the oldest has its perks, like getting sick first and passing it along to the others.



This pretty little number was once a pillow case. I saw it at the D.I. and thought it might have potential. I got brave and tried out elastic thread for the first time, and I love it! Not hard to use at all and it looks like I put in a lot more work than I really did. I paid fifty cents for the pillow case, two dollars for the thread and spent forty five minute cutting and sewing. Pretty good in my opinion.

Perfect pool. There is a height restriction so only little kids can play in it, only goes to a foot and a half deep, and its free! There is also a splash pad and playground in this park. There are a ton of splash pads around town. It's weird not to live in the desert, always worrying about wasting water.

This is why everyone needs a toddler in their home! I love this kid.

If we aren't in the water than we are eating popsicles. Already gone through a couple of bags. I don't know if that is because its so hot or if there are a million little kids running around; can't just share one.

Olivia is trying to share her toys.

The fire truck came down our way to help get a baby out of locked car. Sounds worse than it was. She was only in there for about five minutes. Then the firemen gave out balloons and stickers to all the other neighbor kids. It turned into a real party.

Jack watching the excitment. He was in love with the truck but a little nervous about the firemen.

Her hair won't hold a curl out here. When its wet I do this.

This is what happens when it dries.

We went to a really cool train food place, can't remember what it was called. They give out free engineer hats, Jack has his on backwards and upside down. The atmosphere is really fun. A train even brings you your food. To bad the food is not really worth eating.

I paid three dollars for this hamburger.

We went to this place called Kaleidoscope, way way cool. It has different stations of art activities. There was even a black light room, where you could color with glow in the dark paints. And its free too!

Speaking of free, we went to a Clifford exhibit that was really fun too.

Jack is sliding down Clifford's tail.

Did I mention that everyone should have a toddler in their home?

Jack is getting pretty good on the tricycle. He is using the peddles well, it just gets hard for him if there is the slightest incline.

This is the latest cool thing to do around the neighborhood. Not the greatest picture but the kids are riding around in a mini jeep.

Watch out though because the back doesn't always stay shut. Poor Jack found that out the hard way. He flew out on a bump and landed on his head.

1 comment:

Elena said...

Great pictures. And I LOVE the pillowcase dress. I need to be introduced to elastic thread!